I am so blessed to be able to live in such a wonderful place as this for the past 21 months. The food is great, the staff is so helpful and friendly, and the other residents are great people. We have so many activities here so we never get bored or lonely. Another thing I enjoy here is the weekly housekeeping service; I don't have to clean the bathroom, vacuum, or change the bed linens anymore. I can enjoy all of the fun things and they take care of the work!
Top Book Recommendations that Seniors will Love Back
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” - Dr. Seuss
Reading a good book is one of life’s favorite pastimes and greatest pleasures. Books give us knowledge and power and adventure. Reading is proven to reduce stress, stimulate memory, and improve sleeping patterns. Reading is one of the most engaging and fulfilling activities, so here at Lewisville Estates Senior Living, we are invested in providing you with access to endless reading.
Our independent and assisted living communities in Lewisville, Texas have full access to our on-site library, where residents can find a selection of books to read and a comfortable place to dive into each story.
Here is a provisional list of trending books that we know you will enjoy!
The Good Left Undone: A Novel by Adriana Trigiani
- This multigenerational tale will transport you through Italy on the brink of World War 2 to the shores of Marseille through beautiful Scotland and then through the dangers of wartime Liverpool.
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
- You won’t want to put down this beautiful and heartbreaking story about love and relationships.
We Came, We Saw, We Left: A Family Gap Year by Charles Wheelan
- A breezy, feel-good memoir of a family’s nine-month road trip, you will be whisked away into the experience of this delightful and entertaining homage to the classic road trip.
Prime of Life by P.D. Bekendam
- You are sure to enjoy this unexpected storyline, filled with humor and quirky characters, about a doctor who leaves his career to become a retirement community janitor.
The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
- Based on a comedy of errors, this book is about a group of seniors who are fed up with their boring lifestyle and decide to commit a robbery to reclaim their independence. You won’t be able to put down this thrilling story.
Call It a Gift by Valerie Hobbs
- This heartwarming and sentimental book tells the story of two people who meet late in life and fall in love. Grab your tissues!
Reading is a wonderful way to bring purpose and fulfillment into your life, and truly improve the quality of your senior living experience. At Lewisville Estates, we hope to inspire you to immerse yourself in a good book, whether it be one of these options or your own pick. Happy reading!