When we arrived at Lewisville Estates ten months ago, we were quite apprehensive to begin a whole new way of life in our old age. However, we were warmly greeted by residents and staff alike. We were most pleasantly surprised with our new apartment and quickly settled into our new home. We have been very contented and happy here.
The Benefit of Senior Living Communities: Friendships Increase Happiness Back
Having friends feels good. Friendships keep your mind active, encourage you to stay physically active, and create an incentive to live a healthier lifestyle. Friendships require a little effort, a lot of understanding, and a willingness to grow and be vulnerable. As a result, you experience a happier, more connected life! Here are 5 Ideas for Making New Friends After 50:
1. Get involved in activities and clubs. There are planned activities, games, clubs, and events happening everyday. Get involved and participate to meet new people with common interests and hobbies as you.
2. Reach out to your neighbors. Whether you live in independent or assisted living, simply asking your neighbor to grab a cup of coffee or chat in the common room could be the beginning of a new friendship.
3. Dine in the company of others. Join us in the dining room for fresh, chef-prepared meals everyday. The dining room is a great place to launch conversations about food, family, fun, and more!
4. Consider conversation topics and questions beforehand. Meeting new friends can be intimidating, overwhelming, and nerve wrecking. Thinking about common questions or silly stories ahead of time can help ease your nerves and break the ice.
5. Welcome everyone with a warm smile. It doesn’t have to be complicated- making a new friend can come from simply greeting them with a warm and welcoming smile! Kindness is the key to friendship!
Senior living communities offer a solution to many of the friendship barriers that seniors face. Lewisville Estates is a place where you can live among other seniors who strive for a common lifestyle of enjoyment, friends, and relaxation in Lewisville, Texas. Friends ensure that you aren’t alone- they make life brighter and more enjoyable. At Lewisville Estates, friendships will lead you to a more fulfilling life!