My mother has been a resident at Lewisville Estates for about four years and recently we had to move her because she needed more care. It was regrettable that we had to move because we had grown to consider Lewisville Estates home. That is about the greatest compliment I can give to the staff at Lewisville Estates and the management at Tarantino Properties. Home is a place where one can feel comfortable, at peace and surrounded by loving, caring people. We found that at Lewisville Estates and are very grateful to every person there.
Staying In or Going Out: Joyful Ways to Spend the Holidays Back
It’s time to spread some holiday cheer! The holidays are a wonderful time filled with family, tradition, and fun! Whether you like staying in, or going out; here are a few great ideas to help you stay connected with family and friends this holiday season.
Activities For Those Staying In:
- Decorate your house. Decorate a tree that fits nicely in your unit, hang lights, and display christmas cards from loved ones
- Make a holiday wreath. Participate in or learn a new skill by making your own wreath this year. If you have a knack for it, make one for a loved one too!
- Sing holiday songs together. Invite friends or family over to sing those holiday classics you love so much. If you feel like venturing out when it comes to singing, go caroling with friends or join a choir in your community.
- Bake cookies. Invite a friend or a grandchild and bake your heart out. It’s sure to feel like the holidays once that cinnamon and ginger aroma fills the air!
- Decorate and fill stockings. You can send stockings as presents to loved ones, or you could donate to local organizations that provide Christmas to children in need.
Activities For Those Going Out:
- Stroll around the mall. Malls have some of the most gorgeous, over-the-top decorations during the holidays. There is usually a Santa area bustling with excited children, and holiday music fills the halls. Grab a hot cup of coffee or cocoa and take a stroll or find a bench to relax on.
- Go see Christmas lights. Find a neighborhood or local area that is lit with Christmas cheer and enjoy a night-time drive. Bring a loved one or a friend to share the experience with.
- See a local play or performance. Many communities offer seasonal favorites such as the Nutcracker through a performance company. A local orchestra or symphony may offer a holiday performance featuring some of the holiday classics you know and love as well!
- Head to the movies. Enjoy a feel-good holiday movie or fun comedy in the theater with some popcorn.
Whether you’re staying in or going out, there are many simple and lovely ways to enjoy the holidays that can bring joy to you and those around you. Happy Holidays!