I have lived at Lewisville Estates for ten months. It was a major decision for me, coming from my own home of many years, to a smaller space and community setting. I have not once regretted the move. The staff is very accommodating; the residents are friendly and welcoming. When wanted or needed, activities are available. This is now Home!
Staying In or Going Out: Joyful Ways to Spend the Holidays Back
It’s time to spread some holiday cheer! The holidays are a wonderful time filled with family, tradition, and fun! Whether you like staying in, or going out; here are a few great ideas to help you stay connected with family and friends this holiday season.
Activities For Those Staying In:
- Decorate your house. Decorate a tree that fits nicely in your unit, hang lights, and display christmas cards from loved ones
- Make a holiday wreath. Participate in or learn a new skill by making your own wreath this year. If you have a knack for it, make one for a loved one too!
- Sing holiday songs together. Invite friends or family over to sing those holiday classics you love so much. If you feel like venturing out when it comes to singing, go caroling with friends or join a choir in your community.
- Bake cookies. Invite a friend or a grandchild and bake your heart out. It’s sure to feel like the holidays once that cinnamon and ginger aroma fills the air!
- Decorate and fill stockings. You can send stockings as presents to loved ones, or you could donate to local organizations that provide Christmas to children in need.
Activities For Those Going Out:
- Stroll around the mall. Malls have some of the most gorgeous, over-the-top decorations during the holidays. There is usually a Santa area bustling with excited children, and holiday music fills the halls. Grab a hot cup of coffee or cocoa and take a stroll or find a bench to relax on.
- Go see Christmas lights. Find a neighborhood or local area that is lit with Christmas cheer and enjoy a night-time drive. Bring a loved one or a friend to share the experience with.
- See a local play or performance. Many communities offer seasonal favorites such as the Nutcracker through a performance company. A local orchestra or symphony may offer a holiday performance featuring some of the holiday classics you know and love as well!
- Head to the movies. Enjoy a feel-good holiday movie or fun comedy in the theater with some popcorn.
Whether you’re staying in or going out, there are many simple and lovely ways to enjoy the holidays that can bring joy to you and those around you. Happy Holidays!
When we arrived at Lewisville Estates ten months ago, we were quite apprehensive to begin a whole new way of life in our old age. However, we were warmly greeted by residents and staff alike. We were most pleasantly surprised with our new apartment and quickly settled into our new home. We have been very contented and happy here.
I like Lewisville Estates because all of the people are so friendly. The games are fun and there is always something to do. I enjoy going out to the garden and watching the fish and birds; some of us got to see a roadrunner. I had never seen one before so that was exciting. There is also a hummingbird and a green parakeet.
I am so blessed to be able to live in such a wonderful place as this for the past 21 months. The food is great, the staff is so helpful and friendly, and the other residents are great people. We have so many activities here so we never get bored or lonely. Another thing I enjoy here is the weekly housekeeping service; I don't have to clean the bathroom, vacuum, or change the bed linens anymore. I can enjoy all of the fun things and they take care of the work!
My mother has been a resident at Lewisville Estates for about four years and recently we had to move her because she needed more care. It was regrettable that we had to move because we had grown to consider Lewisville Estates home. That is about the greatest compliment I can give to the staff at Lewisville Estates and the management at Tarantino Properties. Home is a place where one can feel comfortable, at peace and surrounded by loving, caring people. We found that at Lewisville Estates and are very grateful to every person there.