I have lived at Lewisville Estates for ten months. It was a major decision for me, coming from my own home of many years, to a smaller space and community setting. I have not once regretted the move. The staff is very accommodating; the residents are friendly and welcoming. When wanted or needed, activities are available. This is now Home!
Giving Thanks Back
Thanksgiving is all about being thankful for the things we have. It is easy to take a lot of the things we have for granted. Here are a few ways express your thanks this Thanksgiving:
· Share what you are thankful for.
- Speak your thanks aloud. If you are spending Thanksgiving with family or friends, let them know that you are thankful for having them in your life. Spending the time to express your gratitude is what the holiday is all about and will have you and your guests all feeling the holiday spirit.
- Make a list of everything you are grateful for. It is important to remember the things that you are thankful for, not only on Thanksgiving, but every single day. Writing them down will make it easy to go back later and help you to remember to be thankful, even on days it might be hard.
- Thank you notes and phone calls. For those you cannot see on Thanksgiving, there are many more ways to express your thanks. Send out thank you notes to those people or give them a phone call.
· Give thanks by volunteering. Whether it is in the community you live in or the surrounding community, giving your time is another great way to give thanks for the people near you.
We are thankful to have you as part of our community and we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
When we arrived at Lewisville Estates ten months ago, we were quite apprehensive to begin a whole new way of life in our old age. However, we were warmly greeted by residents and staff alike. We were most pleasantly surprised with our new apartment and quickly settled into our new home. We have been very contented and happy here.
I like Lewisville Estates because all of the people are so friendly. The games are fun and there is always something to do. I enjoy going out to the garden and watching the fish and birds; some of us got to see a roadrunner. I had never seen one before so that was exciting. There is also a hummingbird and a green parakeet.
I am so blessed to be able to live in such a wonderful place as this for the past 21 months. The food is great, the staff is so helpful and friendly, and the other residents are great people. We have so many activities here so we never get bored or lonely. Another thing I enjoy here is the weekly housekeeping service; I don't have to clean the bathroom, vacuum, or change the bed linens anymore. I can enjoy all of the fun things and they take care of the work!
My mother has been a resident at Lewisville Estates for about four years and recently we had to move her because she needed more care. It was regrettable that we had to move because we had grown to consider Lewisville Estates home. That is about the greatest compliment I can give to the staff at Lewisville Estates and the management at Tarantino Properties. Home is a place where one can feel comfortable, at peace and surrounded by loving, caring people. We found that at Lewisville Estates and are very grateful to every person there.