I have lived at Lewisville Estates for ten months. It was a major decision for me, coming from my own home of many years, to a smaller space and community setting. I have not once regretted the move. The staff is very accommodating; the residents are friendly and welcoming. When wanted or needed, activities are available. This is now Home!
Games and Puzzles Back
Puzzles and games are a great way pass the time while exercising your brain. There are many great options whether you are playing with friends or are doing them by yourself. Looking for a fun way to spend indoors on a rainy or hot day? Here are a few fun ideas:
· Jigsaw puzzles- There are many great puzzle options. Pieces range from large to small, many pieces to a few and form any pictures you can imagine. Work on a smaller one by yourself or spend an afternoon putting together a large one with friends.
· Crossword puzzles- You can find these in the newspaper or even online. You can print some out whenever you want to do one if you do not have access to a newspaper.
· Word searches- Like crossword puzzles, you can find these online. There are word searches for a variety of subjects and are another fun way to pass the time.
· Board games- These are the ultimate way to pass time with friends on a rainy afternoon. There are so many to choose from these days. From classics like chess and monopoly, to games like chutes and ladders and connect four, there are always fun games available.
· Card games- Uno, Poker, Gin Rummy, or Bridge can be played with multiple people. They are an equally fun alternative to board games.
The great part about board games and puzzles is that there are so many to choose from. Whichever you choose to do, you will have a blast!
When we arrived at Lewisville Estates ten months ago, we were quite apprehensive to begin a whole new way of life in our old age. However, we were warmly greeted by residents and staff alike. We were most pleasantly surprised with our new apartment and quickly settled into our new home. We have been very contented and happy here.
I like Lewisville Estates because all of the people are so friendly. The games are fun and there is always something to do. I enjoy going out to the garden and watching the fish and birds; some of us got to see a roadrunner. I had never seen one before so that was exciting. There is also a hummingbird and a green parakeet.
I am so blessed to be able to live in such a wonderful place as this for the past 21 months. The food is great, the staff is so helpful and friendly, and the other residents are great people. We have so many activities here so we never get bored or lonely. Another thing I enjoy here is the weekly housekeeping service; I don't have to clean the bathroom, vacuum, or change the bed linens anymore. I can enjoy all of the fun things and they take care of the work!
My mother has been a resident at Lewisville Estates for about four years and recently we had to move her because she needed more care. It was regrettable that we had to move because we had grown to consider Lewisville Estates home. That is about the greatest compliment I can give to the staff at Lewisville Estates and the management at Tarantino Properties. Home is a place where one can feel comfortable, at peace and surrounded by loving, caring people. We found that at Lewisville Estates and are very grateful to every person there.