When we arrived at Lewisville Estates ten months ago, we were quite apprehensive to begin a whole new way of life in our old age. However, we were warmly greeted by residents and staff alike. We were most pleasantly surprised with our new apartment and quickly settled into our new home. We have been very contented and happy here.
Did You Know That March Is National Kidney Month Back
No time like the present to give your kidneys a well-deserved checkup. Who is at risk for kidney disease, you may wonder.
Here are some facts:
- Kidney disease can affect anyone however, seniors that do not have a high fluid intake and are on medications are at a higher risk for kidney disease.
- Anyone with high blood pressure
- Anyone with diabetes
- Anyone over the age of 60
- Anyone with a family history of diabetes
- Anyone who is obese
How can you prevent kidney disease?
- Ask your doctor for a urine test - this could help save your kidneys.
- The doctor may give you a blood test to ensure that your kidneys are working to remove the wastes from your blood.
Why would I need to worry about my kidneys?
- Kidneys remove waste products from the body
- Kidneys remove drugs from the body
- They release hormones that regulate your blood pressure
- They control the production of red blood cells
- They produce an active form of Vitamin D that promotes strong, healthy bones
- They balance the body's fluids
You can see why you should take care of your kidneys! Ask your doctor to test you this month!