I have lived at Lewisville Estates for ten months. It was a major decision for me, coming from my own home of many years, to a smaller space and community setting. I have not once regretted the move. The staff is very accommodating; the residents are friendly and welcoming. When wanted or needed, activities are available. This is now Home!
Celebrating National Friendship Day Back
Friendship is an important part of our life no matter what our age is. Friendship can help to improve your mental health by reducing problems with depression as well as relieving stress. August 6th is National Friendship Day. It is a day dedicated to celebrating the friendships we have developed over our lifetimes. Here are some fun and easy ways to celebrate National Friendship Day.
· Plan a fun social event- It can be a fun get together between a few close friends or a larger party with food and games. Create new memories for celebrating in years to come. You can use the pictures taken to decorate your living space to remind you that your friends are always nearby.
· Schedule a time to call your friends or chat over Skype. Calling and video chatting with your friends makes celebrating your friendships easy, especially if you live in different cities or states. Contact them ahead of time, and plan out a time that is convenient for both of you.
· Connect with friends on social media. Social media platforms are another great way to keep in contact with your friends no matter the distance that separates you. Send your friends a message to let you know you are thankful for them and their friendship.
· Have a thoughtful discussion in person. Reminisce about fun memories you have together or share thoughts and opinions about interesting topics. This is a fun and relaxing way to celebrate National Friendship Day that does not require a lot of planning or activity.
· View old photographs or videos together. Whether from childhood or adulthood, this is a great way to celebrate. Rewind the time and remember why you became great friends in the first place.
Whatever you decide to do, you will have a blast looking back on old memories and creating new ones with your friends. It is important to celebrate your friendships every day, but especially on National Friendship Day.
When we arrived at Lewisville Estates ten months ago, we were quite apprehensive to begin a whole new way of life in our old age. However, we were warmly greeted by residents and staff alike. We were most pleasantly surprised with our new apartment and quickly settled into our new home. We have been very contented and happy here.
I like Lewisville Estates because all of the people are so friendly. The games are fun and there is always something to do. I enjoy going out to the garden and watching the fish and birds; some of us got to see a roadrunner. I had never seen one before so that was exciting. There is also a hummingbird and a green parakeet.
I am so blessed to be able to live in such a wonderful place as this for the past 21 months. The food is great, the staff is so helpful and friendly, and the other residents are great people. We have so many activities here so we never get bored or lonely. Another thing I enjoy here is the weekly housekeeping service; I don't have to clean the bathroom, vacuum, or change the bed linens anymore. I can enjoy all of the fun things and they take care of the work!
My mother has been a resident at Lewisville Estates for about four years and recently we had to move her because she needed more care. It was regrettable that we had to move because we had grown to consider Lewisville Estates home. That is about the greatest compliment I can give to the staff at Lewisville Estates and the management at Tarantino Properties. Home is a place where one can feel comfortable, at peace and surrounded by loving, caring people. We found that at Lewisville Estates and are very grateful to every person there.